Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My Morning Cake : Jack Fruit Pound Cake
I don't know why when I woke up this morning, a slice of cake is the first thing I really wanted to enjoy with my morning coffee.
And so.. Here's my morning cake. Jack fruit Pound Cake. The taste is just right. 2 slices were not enough and make my morning coffee twice longer. Today would be my perfect 06:30 AM.
Jack Fruit Pound Cake
Inspired from Cherry and Almond Cake by Easy Baking
Modified by Me
100 gr butter / margarine, softened
100 gr caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 gr all purpose flour
2 tbsp full cream milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
6 jack fruits, slice to squares and tiny
3 tbsp dry fruit (use anything you like)
2 tbsp flaked almonds to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 160'C/325'F/Gas mark 3
- Grease an 18 cm loaf tin and line with baking paper
- In a large bowl, put the softened butter and sugar. Beat until sugar dissolved.
- Add eggs gradually. Beat together with vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, full cream milk powder, and baking powder. Beat at low speed until well blend.
- Put the jack fruit slices and dry fruit. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Smooth the top and sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Bake for 1 hour until well risen and firm.
Tips : Use VERY WELL MATURE and RIPE Jack Fruits.