Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ricotta Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping

Oh dear.. I hate PMS. It absolutely ruin my diet program, and ruin my blogging mood as well.

Anyway it's a Ricotta Cheese Cake. Another great recipe from Easy Baking book. Originally the recipe use a pie crust. But again.. I hate my PMS. I can't even bring my mood to make one. And so I use digestive biscuits. Good choice actually because the taste is absolutely marvelous.

I also make a fresh strawberry topping to accompany the cake. The original recipe does not have it.
 


RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE
Source : Easy Baking

Crust :
85 gr butter melted
200 gr digestive biscuits, crushed

  • Brush the 20 - 23 cm loose base cake tin with oil.
  • Stir the biscuits with the melted butter. Spread over the base of the cake tin. Press well.

Filling :
450 g ricotta cheese
125 ml double cream --> I use fresh cream
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
85 gr caster sugar
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Finely grated rind of 1 orange --> skipped
  • Beat the ricotta, cream, eggs, sugar, and lemon rind until soft and creamy. 
  • Pour over the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. The first 20 minutes, use the down heat. And the rest of it use the top heat. 
  • Bake until set and golden brown. Let it cool.


Strawberry Topping 
55 gr caster sugar
4 tbsp water
250 gr fresh strawberries, sliced
1 tsp arrawroot --> I used tapioca flour

  • Place the sugar in as saucepan with 2 tablespoon of water over a low heat. 
  • Stir until sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat, add the half (125 gr) of strawberries. 
  • Cook for a few minutes until strawberries begin to soften. Remove from heat.
  • Mix the arrawroot and the remaining water, the add to the strawberries and stir until smooth.
  • Cook again until the juice thickens. Let it cool. 
  • Then add the remaining sliced strawberries. Stir well. Cool in the fridge before use.

Notes :
I made only a half recipe and used 18 cm loose base round pan.

2 comments:

Ike Hermawan said...

Mir, diganti Fetta bisa teu...? hehe...aya fetta soalna...lebar..keur naon nya?

Mira G. Lestari said...

heu.. keju fetta lebih langka deui eta mah di Bandung. Ada di setiabudi tapi gaktau buat apa yak.. Spk atuh bikin dan share ilmu sama Mira. :D :D