Oh dear.. I hate PMS. It absolutely ruin my diet program, and ruin my blogging mood as well.
Anyway it's a Ricotta Cheese Cake. Another great recipe from Easy Baking book. Originally the recipe use a pie crust. But again.. I hate my PMS. I can't even bring my mood to make one. And so I use digestive biscuits. Good choice actually because the taste is absolutely marvelous.
I also make a fresh strawberry topping to accompany the cake. The original recipe does not have it.
RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE
Source : Easy Baking
85 gr butter melted
200 gr digestive biscuits, crushed
- Brush the 20 - 23 cm loose base cake tin with oil.
- Stir the biscuits with the melted butter. Spread over the base of the cake tin. Press well.
450 g ricotta cheese
125 ml double cream --> I use fresh cream
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
85 gr caster sugar
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Finely grated rind of 1 orange --> skipped
- Beat the ricotta, cream, eggs, sugar, and lemon rind until soft and creamy.
- Pour over the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. The first 20 minutes, use the down heat. And the rest of it use the top heat.
- Bake until set and golden brown. Let it cool.
55 gr caster sugar
4 tbsp water
250 gr fresh strawberries, sliced
1 tsp arrawroot --> I used tapioca flour
- Place the sugar in as saucepan with 2 tablespoon of water over a low heat.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat, add the half (125 gr) of strawberries.
- Cook for a few minutes until strawberries begin to soften. Remove from heat.
- Mix the arrawroot and the remaining water, the add to the strawberries and stir until smooth.
- Cook again until the juice thickens. Let it cool.
- Then add the remaining sliced strawberries. Stir well. Cool in the fridge before use.
I made only a half recipe and used 18 cm loose base round pan.