And I love cheese cake with thick crust... :))
(No Baked) Cheese Cake
Crust :200 gr digestive biscuits, crushed --> I used Good Time chocolate biscuits
85 gr unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp roasted almond, roughly chopped
- Combined the crushed biscuits and chopped almond, then stir in the melted butter. Mix well.
- Press on to the prepared tin lightly greased 20 cm round tin cake/pie.
Cheese Cream :200 gr cream cheese
200 gr cream --> use dairy product for best taste
50 - 75 gr powdered sugar --> on your taste
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp gelatine powder dissolved in 50 ml boiling water, let cooled --> you can subtitute with Konyaku Jelly or Agar-Agar powder, or you can skipped it.
1 tsp lemon zest or vanilla extract or any flavoring you like.
- Beat the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, mix well.
- Whipped the cream until hold it shape. Then pour in the cream cheese, gelatine solution, and lemon zest. Mix well using rubber spatula.
- Pour on to the prepared biscuit based, smooth the top.
- Cover with cling film, refrigerated for at least 4 hours before servings.
For the Strawberry Compote :75 gr strawberry jam
75-100 gr sugar
300 ml water
100 gr fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp corn starch, dissolved with a bit of water.
- In the sauce pan, placed strawberry jam, sugar, and water, bring to boil in the low heat until sugar dissolved.
- Add the chopped fresh strawberries and lemon juice, bring to boil until almost thickened.
- Pour in the corn starch solution, then cooked until thickened.
- Cooled in the fridge before serving.