Thursday, October 30, 2008
Sweet Pies Event : Chilled White Pie
Thanks to Arfi of HomeMades who let me (or us?) know about this event. Sweet Pies by Kopiaste. What a coincidence. I had made 3 sweet pies in October! One of my favorite would be chosen as my entry for this awesome event. Go Ivy!
I called this : CHILLED WHITE PIE. The inspiration came from Chocolate Velvet Pie recipe from one of Indonesian Food Magazine. I made a few changes, especially for the main ingredients. And it comes with a very delicious result.
I always use Mrs. Dewi Anwar recipes for Pie Crust. So simple and crunchy.
CHILLED WHITE PIE
Pie Crust :
150 gr all purpose flour
100 gr shortening (I prefer use shortening/margarine to make a crunchy crust)
25 gr granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
25 ml ice water
- Mix together flour, salt, and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut shortening into it, add an egg yolk, ice water, and vanilla. Beat all ingredients using two knives. If you have a pastry knife it would be much easier.
- Wrap the batter using plastic wrap, refrigerated for 30 minutes
- Rolled the batter, place in a 18 cm round pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes
150 gr White Cooking Chocolate (chopped)
200 ml fresh cream
2 eggs white
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp fine vanilla extract
100 gr Dark Cooking Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Melt White Cooking Chocolate(WCC) and fresh cream by put the pot on top of hot water
- Stir well until WCC completely melted
- Remove from heat
- Mix all eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract using high speed until it rise and smooth.
- Gradually add melted WCC
- Stir well. Then pour into the pie crust
- Sparkled with chopped Dark Cooking Chocolate
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 160'C
- Let it cool for about 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Serve chilled with your favorite ice cream